For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is CSL Behring UK Limited.
Information Collected from You
The majority of this Web site is offered without collecting any personally identifiable information from our visitors. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Personally identifiable information, such as name, address and e-mail, and non-personally identifiable demographic information (age, gender, etc.), only when you voluntarily submit it to us or you request information from us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of any transactions you carry out through the Web site and the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to the Web site and the resources that you access.
As many other companies do, we measure the performance of our Web site to improve and customise it to better serve your needs. During your visit, we automatically collect the following information about your computer and your visit:
- The domain and host from which you access the Internet.
- The internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our Web site, if applicable.
- The date and time you arrived at our Web site and how long you spent on the Web site and which pages you visited.
- Your internet protocol address and
Your computer's operating system and browser software
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Web site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a
previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
We may on occasion post non-personally identified messages we receive from visitors to our sites, such as comments about our products and company.
In addition to the uses and disclosures set forth above, we may also release personal information to third parties to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our
Finally, in conjunction with a corporate sale, merger, dissolution, or acquisition, we may transfer your personal information to a third party in connection with that transaction.
What About Security?
Maintaining security of personally identifiable information has our highest priority. We follow strict security procedures for safeguarding information and preventing unauthorised access. We protect information in our high-security data centre and adhere to strict computer security standards. We have put in place privacy protection control systems designed to ensure that information about you remains safe and secure.
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilling of your order and the provision of support services. These staff will have access to your information limited strictly by need and will be required to follow our privacy standards. By submitting your information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- recall information that will make your use of the Web site easier and more convenient;
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Web site according to your individual interests; and
- Recognise you when you return to the Web site
Cookies can only be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
You may disable the cookie feature on your computer or set it to alert you when cookies are being sent by using the preferences on your browser. If you choose to disable cookies, however, we may not be able to provide you with certain features (e.g., customised delivery of information) available on our Web site. Further information about cookies can be found at
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by sending an e-mail to the
The Web site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns about this Web site, please send an e-mail to the
Last Updated July 2009